Monday, July 04, 2005

Alias is the new Banking

I was at the bank today in order to pay my bills before heading into the office. I use this bank all the time, and while the teller I went to was new to me there were tons of faces I recognized. About half way through the process she got me to sign something only to examine it like I'm Sidney from Alias and finally asks for some form of identification with my signature on it.
At first I couldn't find anything, finally it dawned on me to show her my driver's license.
"You're signature has changed" she said.
"I was 17" I said, by way of explanation.
"Well do you think you could sign this like you did then?"
So there I was forging my own signature when it struck me, there is a picture of my FACE on the card, is that not enough? I certainly haven't changed that much.
I've never had that problem before, surely she could have used her computer to look up the number of EXACT same transactions I'd made at that branch and deduced I wasn't some impersonator trying to get free hydro and phone-services.
Not to mention I'd just waited in the longest line ever in front of this very pushy old lady who felt it necessary to stand DIRECTLY behind me every time the line moved up. She was totally invading my personal bubble.

15 Comments:

Blogger yournamehere said...

When someone stands too close behind me in a line, I give them the "accidental" elbow to the chicklets. Then I turn around and say, in mock self-deprecation, "I'm sorry, I am so clumsy. Better give me some room, everyone." I then have all the space I need.

1:54 PM  
Blogger vivahate said...

I totally had the exact same thing happen to me! SO ANNOYING! I had to sign a good three times before she accepted it. Maybe it was the same teller.

1:57 PM  
Blogger Rob Danger said...

Ugh, I should have been like "honey, are you going to push THROUGH me? Because at this point you're pressing against my spleen."
I might use that tactic nxt time YNH.
*
Where do you bank?!

2:00 PM  
Blogger Moni said...

It's happened to me too. The teller actually told me to draw a line thru my signature and sign again. Dumb.

2:20 PM  
Blogger Evil Petting Zoo said...

I hate when people violate the 2 foot rule...stay 2 feet away from me. I also tend to frequent the same places too so when someone does something like that to me it bugs me.

3:11 PM  
Blogger Digby said...

I hate people in general.

11:17 PM  
Blogger cranberry said...

you should have told her that you could feel her nipples digging into her.
(or the 'accidental' elbow always works). I always turn around and get in their personal space.

11:31 PM  
Blogger A. Estella Sassypants said...

The next thing you know we'll all have to have a map of our ass moles on our drivers license to prove who we are.

12:38 AM  
Blogger AMS said...

Plus old ladies smell - you need some sort of odour barrier for protection

9:49 AM  
Blogger suz said...

doesn't that defeat the purpose of you signing in the first place? i'm sure i could fake anyone's signature if i got to cross it out and retry 3 times.

10:37 AM  
Blogger swirlogirl said...

you tell that ho to scan your retinas next time if she wants proof!

11:35 AM  
Blogger Rob Danger said...

sexactly Suz!
Obviously she knew it was me or else she wouldn't have made me sign it again thereby defeating the purpose!
People ARE dumb.

4:53 PM  
Blogger n.v. said...

When someone is standing too close to me, I draw my shoulders up to my ears, physically CRINGE and stare at them like they have AIDS dripping from one nostril.

5:27 PM  
Blogger vivahate said...

Response to Flesh: CIBC

But even if you do bank with CIBC, I'm assuming your branch is on Stone Rd., whereas, my branch is downtown.

Maybe they switch, just spread the annoying around.

6:45 PM  
Blogger Rob Danger said...

AIDS-humour shouldn't make me laugh. But it always does.

10:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home