Wednesday, June 08, 2005

A Story about Pee

I am one of the few men who understands the discomfort associated with urinary-track infections. I’m not just an advocate, I’m also a member. For whatever reason, God has cursed me with having this particular insight into what it must be like to be a woman. Today I went to the free-clinic to give them a ‘sample’ [urine in a tiny-bottle for the un-initiated] in order to see if I’m currently extra-yeasty. So there I am at the counter attempting to drop-off my little package when this ridiculously hot guy saddles up, presumably waiting to talk to a nurse as well. I quickly hid my pee-filled cup, smiled and looked away, hoping that my Jackie-O glasses had properly disguised my identity.
Suddenly the nurse appears and proceeds to shout out my name to every other nurse in the building and talk-quite openly about “my urine sample”. As I discreetly attempt to pass it to her she starts making various jokes about whether or not I’d tightly sealed the cup, everyone’s a fucking comedian. No, I thought it would be hilarious to give you an open-container of urine to splash all over yourself; I’m the next Tom Green over here.
Of course the hot guy was probably not going to be my future husband anyway, but I could have done without him knowing about the state of my bladder thanks to a couple of loud-mouthed nurses.

2 Comments:

Anonymous doctor girl said...

FYI - It's urinary TRACT infection

1:46 PM  
Blogger Rob Danger said...

Well now if I change it your comment will no longer make sense... So I will have to leave it as is for the world to see.
Spank-you!

4:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home