Thursday, June 23, 2005

I say 'shit' a lot.

Occasionally I make the mistake of thinking that some of my friends give as much of a shit about me as I do about them. I’m always very attentive to their bullshit boyfriend stories, so I always find it especially irritating when I reveal some personal tidbit over MSN only to get a ‘sad face’ emoticon-bullshit as a response.
I realize it’s my fault for trying to communicate over MSN, but still. A fucking cartoon face is not a response people. Especially if said tidbit is juicy, which it totally was. That’s like people who reply to everything you’ve said with “L-ho-L”, fuck, I realize I’m funny but I can’t be that much of a riot.

6 Comments:

Blogger yournamehere said...

I hate getting animation and initials. Comment, god damn it.

1:34 AM  
Blogger Rob Danger said...

YEZ! I make the effort to try and put my stories into clever anticdotes. I make an attempt to spell properly. AND I respond to your thoughts with WORDS. I expect only what I dish out.

1:44 AM  
Anonymous dryvrgrl said...

See... now, I'm not too good with the MSN thing, but there is a certain website/message bored I'm at least partially addicted to, and I've found that since I've started "posting" emoticons, My "mood" had been better understood (insert large smile face here). If you say something joking, and (insert winking smiley face here) add one of those... you get far less of these (insert eye popping shocked smiley face here)... know what I mean.
Sorry you hate them so much fleshy (insert crying sad- smiley face here)
Actually. I find myself over animating them damn smiley faces in real life now.... hhmmmmm time to turn the computer off....

9:52 AM  
Blogger swirlogirl said...

LOL!

10:02 AM  
Blogger Rob Danger said...

Dryvy, I don't hate emoticons when they appear alongside actual words, but JUST using them as a means of responding to something someone said is way different.

12:31 PM  
Anonymous Fence said...

I overuse smiley faces, and the lol thing. But that is purely because in RL I can get away with making sarky comments, online it is a lot harder to let people know you are just fucking with their brains.

10:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home