Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Bag of Hammers? Can you get my coffee?



Why is it that the same people who say things like “oh it’ll be faster if I do it” rather than training me to be able to do this or that oh-so-time-consuming task, are also the same people who make snarky remarks about how their workload is so much bigger than everyone else’s because – I assume people like me – aren’t pulling their weight? Being accused of being lazy – even off-handedly – has got to be one of my pet-peeves in life. Especially considering I’m working this job for the experience and the skills I’m suppose to be learning, not for the income. With what they pay, you’d better believe it’s not for the income.

I’m new! Of course I have no clue what needs to be done or the proper procedure to do it in. Had I been properly trained you can bet your ass I’d spend my office hours doing more than organizing paper-clips. I’m constantly talking during meetings, trying to catch the drift of everything going over my head and integrate myself into the work-load by volunteering to do all the menial tasks no one else wants to do. And yes, the girl who was hired on at the same time as I was appears to do very little, but I don’t believe I’ve ever seen anyone tell her what to do either. I especially hate when I make what I believe to be a helpful suggestion and everyone looks at me like I’m as dumb as a bag of hammers. At least I’m trying here people.

Ugh, office politics are hard.
It’s because I’m ghey isn’t it?
I joke, that office is crawling with homosexuals.
But I hate to complain, it really is a sweet job in many respects.

6 Comments:

Blogger Gwen said...

People act like that when they feel threatened. They know that if they teach you to do the stuff, you'll do it better than them. So they hoard the knowledge. Then they complain really loud about how much work they do so that the bosses will think they're just valuable as shit. When they aren't.

Keep trying to figure out stuff on your own. Fuck those sorry, insecure losers. Some day a real rain will come and wash the scum, the filth, the old/bitter/inefficient employees away.

9:32 AM  
Blogger swirlogirl said...

they totally think you're going to take their jobs! damn illegals!

11:00 AM  
Blogger Rob Danger said...

I definately sense that a couple of them enjoy the 'authority' that comes with having done it longer and therefore knowing it better. Too bad for them I'm a total up-start.

6:44 PM  
Blogger n.v. said...

Flex Von DoggieStyle -- I imagine you are quite the sex hunk, 'cause only pretty people get treated like dingbats around the office.

More power to ya, Gheybob Squarepenis.

9:45 PM  
Blogger Ed Grow said...

Haha. Yeah, if stuff sucks at work it is kind of hard to get away from it. Because, I mean you are at work most of the day. Do what I did...while house sitting for the boss, have sex with your boyfriend in his bed. That will teach 'em. Love!

10:35 PM  
Blogger Rob Danger said...

Well SpanK-U NonV,
I assure you the allure of my man-scent is probably not the cause of the situation at hand. But I might start telling people it is.
Gheybob Squarepenis eh? I thought the dimensions of my penI were known to me and me alone, but I'm glad you've sussed out my true nature!
I think I might try that method Ed, only maybe it'll have to be sex on an office desk, or computer or something.

12:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home